This photography workshop is about the amazing art of night photography! This photography adventure will unlock the mysteries of how to create amazing night photography when the only light is stars and planets and the Milky Way! I will show you how to get photos that you can't see but your camera can capture.
I have a great new location for this workshop! It has a lake, beautiful mountains, lots of great nature to paint with light and a big sky filled with stars, planets, the Milky Way and the incredible things to light paint.
After a short drive from Calgary, this secret location we will shoot the sunset, then capture the Blue Hour and then the starry night sky-free of light pollution- as we sip hot chocolate, other drinks and tasty treats. A bit of a nocturnal photography party. Party with the stars:)
We will be outdoors in a beautiful place with no people besides us and lots of space!
What you will learn:
- How to create amazing night photos
- How to use your camera in the dark
- How to set up your camera for night photography
- How to capture the Milky Way and all its colours
- How to photograph the moon (it moves)
- How to meter and create great exposures
- How to focus in the dark to make stars and everything sharp
- Long exposures
- Shooting reflections
- Light painting
- Light painting with coloured light
- Star trails
- Using flash and strobes for creative lighting
- How to work with your tripod in the dark
- Working in manual mode
- Did we mention how to focus in the dark:)
- And more...
where: 50 min from Calgary
Includes instruction and drinks and food and a great location
Note: I take all Covid 19 precautions during our workshops and photo adventures. All workshops and adventures are outdoors and with no more than 8 people. We are well within the public health guidelines.
Looking forward to hanging out with you and having some great photography adventures!
403 707 8001